[Freeipa-users] users in groups but user entry does not show groups

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Thu Sep 18 08:04:08 UTC 2014

On 17.9.2014 18:41, Ron wrote:
> I have created user groups and entered users.
>
> When I view the groups under the "User Groups" heading, I see the group
> members.
>
> When I go to the "Users" heading, and click the "User Groups"
> sub-heading, IPA does not show any groups (says no entries at bottom).
>
> See attached png screenshots.
>
> Any ideas as to what is going on?
>
> This does not happen for all members of the group.  For some users,
> there *are* entries for groups under "Users -> User groups"
>
> Thank you.

Hello Ron,

this is indeed a weird behavior.

First, let's figure out whether the problem is in Web UI or somewhere else.

When you run CLI command:
    ipa user-show brogOBFUSCATED

Does it list 'p309-mm' or any other group name in 'Member of groups' line?

On the second screenshot the obfuscated user login looks like it has
space in it. I hope it's just an illusion.

HTH
--
Petr Vobornik