[Freeipa-users] FREEIPA REPLICA - ITS USE AND HOW IT SHOULD OPERATE WHEN PRIMARY FAILS

Martin Chamambo chamambom at afri-com.net
Sat Apr 11 01:54:14 UTC 2015

Good day

I have a freeipa primary server working as i wanted , no complex stuff has been setup yet except the basic service and sudo controls which is fine by me. I have also setup a replica from the primary.

the dns server is running from a different platform so basically the 2 servers query a DNS server on onother server to resolve their names.

my questions is as follows:   when primary server fails , does the replica automatically assume the position of the primary [and please note that replication is also working as expected]