[Freeipa-users] Replica status 'last update ended'

thierry bordaz tbordaz at redhat.com
Mon Apr 13 07:29:10 UTC 2015

On 04/13/2015 08:31 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 04/11/2015 11:34 AM, Christoph Kaminski wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> with the cmd:
>>
>> ipa-replica-manage -v list myipaserver
>>
>> I can see the status of the replication... But I dont understand the field
>> 'last update ended'. What shows the field? The last SUCCESSFULLY update?
>> The last TRY to update? Something else?
>> I want to code some monitoring (nagios/icinga) checks for IPA and I need a
>> authoritative statement/information about the replica status. It is the
>> right place?
> I think so, this shows the nsds5replicalastupdateend field.
>
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.0/html/Configuration_and_Command_Reference/Configuration_Command_File_Reference-Replication_Attributes_under_cnReplicationAgreementName_cnreplica_cnsuffixName_cnmapping_tree_cnconfig-nsDS5ReplicaLastUpdateEnd.html
>
> CCing Thierry to confirm.

Hello,

A master starts a replication session to a replica. During this session
it checks which updates are missing and is sending them. Then it closes
the replication session.
If the replica is already up to date, the master will send no update.
The timestamp nsds5replicalastupdateend, is the time when the master has
sent all the missing updates (possibly 0 if the replica is up to date)
and has no more update to send.
The master is waiting for the replica response (on each update) before
setting this timestamp.

If an error occurred while sending an update the master resets
'nsds5replicaLastUpdateStart' timestamp.

thanks
thierry