[Freeipa-users] Also attempting to integrate Solaris 10 clients with freeipa

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Apr 23 03:25:23 UTC 2015

Roderick Johnstone wrote:
> On 22/04/15 14:30, Dmitri Pal wrote:
>> On 04/21/2015 01:13 PM, Roderick Johnstone wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I also need to integrate Solaris 10 clients with freeipa servers.
>>>
>>> I've been round many resources, eg freeipa wiki, Fedora and Red Hat
>>> manuals, various bug trackers and the freeipa-users mailing list.
>>>
>>> It looks to me as if this:
>>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2013-January/msg00030.html
>>>
>>> might be the best guide available, although I'm not sure what changes
>>> I might need to make because I'm actually on Solaris 10 rather than 11.
>>>
>>> Can anyone advise please?
>>>
>>> There is a comment in the above post:
>>> "Make sure that the automount maps in ipaserver is named auto_* and
>>> NOT auto.* so they are compatible with Solaris name standards."
>>>
>>> My automount maps are already called eg auto.master, auto.home on my
>>> ipa server and I'm sure I've seen a post somewhere suggesting an
>>> attributeMap can fix this issue, but I can't find it now, so maybe I
>>> am mistaken.
>>>
>>> Am I on the right track? Is anyone familiar with that fix.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Roderick Johnstone
>>>
>> We are not strong in Solaris so you really need to search user archives
>> or wait for someone who accomplished Solaris integration to chime in
>> here on the list.
>>

> Dmitri
>
> I had gathered that from previous postings to the list and was indeed
> hoping that one of the Solaris experts might comment.
>
> By the way, there are various suggestions on the list of putting the
> best Solaris instructions on the wiki. Is that still a possibility? I'd
> be happy to help, but I'm not experienced with connecting Solaris to ipa
> yet!
>
> Roderick

A few weeks back I added what I thought were the most relevant threads
and pointers. The mailing list thread you refer to was converted into
some documentation bugs and tickets. I referenced those at
http://www.freeipa.org/page/ConfiguringUnixClients#Additional_Resources

If there is anything I can improve here just let me know.

rob