[Freeipa-users] basic question on DNS configuration

Roberto Cornacchia roberto.cornacchia at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 10:39:30 UTC 2015

Thank you Craig and Martin for your useful input.

You both definitely recommend not to use example.com for the internal IPA
DNS.

I was in any case going to avoid .local suffix and any invented top-level
domain, after some reading on this topic.

Using a subdomain like internal.example.com seems reasonable.
I was under the impression that the freeIPA domain needed to be a top-level
one, but maybe I was wrong here? Can I still keep example.com outside and
have freeIPA manage internal.example.com?