[Freeipa-users] dirsrv hangs, 0% CPU util

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Sun Feb 15 22:57:08 UTC 2015

On 02/15/2015 03:41 PM, Thomas Raehalme wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 11:37 PM, Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com
> <mailto:rmeggins at redhat.com>> wrote:
>

>>     Today we started having problems with dirsrv hanging. We have
>>     observed the following symptoms (using EXAMPLE.COM
>>     <http://EXAMPLE.COM> instead of the real domain):
>>

>     see http://www.port389.org/docs/389ds/FAQ/faq.html#debugging-hangs
>

> Thanks! Please find the stacktrace attached.

Some info missing.  Since this is IPA, you'll need some additional
debuginfo packages: debuginfo-install ipa-server slapi_nis (or maybe
it's slapi-nis)

Also looks as though the nspr debuginfo does not match the nspr version.
rpm -q nspr nspr-debuginfo

Finally, do some stacktraces every couple of seconds over a period of a
minute.  For example, is the server really hung at the poll() in thread
32, or will the poll() eventually return write ready and proceed?