Re: [Freeipa-users] dirsrv hangs, 0% CPU util

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015, Thomas Raehalme wrote:
On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 1:04 AM, Thomas Raehalme <
thomas raehalme codecenter fi> wrote:

Finally, do some stacktraces every couple of seconds over a period of a
minute.  For example, is the server really hung at the poll() in thread 32,
or will the poll() eventually return write ready and proceed?

Will do. Unfortunately it'll probably not take too long until the next
occurrence.

Here's a new set of stacktraces from a period of approx 1 minute. I hope
the attachment is not too large.
I suspect you've triggered https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4586
and https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4635 -- slapi-nis plugin
configuration does not limit itself to $SUFFIX and listens to changes in
cn=changelog too so it may deadlock with a replication traffic.

We fixed these partly by changing slapi-nis configuration, partly by
fixing bugs in 389-ds.

I wonder if amending your slapi-nis config to avoid triggering internal
searches on cn=changelog would be enough.

If you have RHEL subscription, please open a case with Red Hat's
support.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy