[Freeipa-users] Replica install fails when using --setup-ca

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Fri Feb 27 08:21:02 UTC 2015

On 02/26/2015 04:07 PM, dbischof at hrz.uni-kassel.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for the record: The problem was a misconfigured Apache on the IPA master, cf.
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2015-February/msg00041.html
>
> In my case, my Apache didn't load proxy_ajp_module and after this was fixed,
> ipa-replica-install --setup-ca worked as expected.
>
> Thanks to Endi Sukma Dewata and Martin Kosek for putting me on the right track.

You are welcome. This case actually got me thinking what we can do to automate
and check this misconfiguration *before* running in such hard-to-debug problem.

I think we should simply check for all required Apache modules beforehand, in
the past I already put together a minimal list of Apache modules that can be
checked (ajp module is there :-)).

I filed a ticket to do it:

Also Ccing Less for reference.

Martin