[Freeipa-users] Client configuration to point to Replica server once master service failed

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Jan 1 14:09:49 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 01, 2015 at 11:05:32AM +0530, Sanju A wrote:

> I have configured Master - Master replication and replication (bi
> direction) is working fine.
> Can I get the configuration that has to be added/modified in server/client
> machine so as to point to the replica server once the master failed. Right
> now it is not working.

What is your exact configuration and the use case which does not
work?

Ideally, you want both IPA server to be in the DNS SRV records and
use _srv_ in sssd.conf (no direct specification of --server to
ipa-client-install) to find the replica automatically.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat