[Freeipa-users] Confused with certificate renewal ipa-server-3.0.0.0-37.el6.x86_64

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 20:17:06 UTC 2015

On 01/08/2015 09:12 PM, John Desantis wrote:
> Martin, Rob, and Nalin,
>
> The patch worked for me
> (https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/freeipa.git/commit/?id=1357eade4c5086e6c837a49f3008616317f88e5f),
> thank you so much for the assistance!
>
> The process was simple.  I'll quickly outline it for other users faced
> with the same issue.
>
> 1.)  Apply patch.
> 2.)  Ensure certmonger wasn't running (in my case it just crashed
> after a few minutes);
> 3.)  Edit the request in question in /var/lib/certmonger/requests to
> remove the corruption;
> 4.)  Restart certmonger.

Great to hear! But as I said, this fix is part of RHEL-6.6, so alternative for
1) is "update IPA to RHEL-6.6"

Not sure if steps 2-4 are required though, I would hope that just
update&resubmit is enough.

> Again, I really appreciate the assistance on such a great product.
> Obviously, there would be pizza and beer if you were all local!

Heh... Come to next DevConf (http://www.devconf.cz/) and you will have a chance
to meet (most of) us, if you are interested! ;-)