[Freeipa-users] LDAP authentication for JIRA using FreeIPA

Sandor Juhasz sjuhasz at chemaxon.com
Wed Jun 10 07:47:46 UTC 2015

Hi,

here are our working configurations. Might be useful.
We use compat tree for auth.
We use user in group matching.
We use group filter for login authorization.
We use FedoraDS as ldap connector on JIRA's side.
We don't use pw change or user create in IPA from JIRA side.
Watch out not to have matching local users/groups or you will suffer bigtime.
Initially it was setup not to use ldap groups, but was changed afterwards by
creating all new groups in ldap for this purpose and readding the users.
We use ldap service user for binding - https://www.freeipa.org/page/Zimbra_Collaboration_Server_7.2_Authentication_and_GAL_lookups_against_FreeIPA.

Attributes:
"autoAddGroups": ""
"com.atlassian.crowd.directory.sync.currentstartsynctime": "null"
"com.atlassian.crowd.directory.sync.issynchronising": "false"
"com.atlassian.crowd.directory.sync.lastdurationms": "373"
"com.atlassian.crowd.directory.sync.laststartsynctime": "1433920165776"
"crowd.sync.incremental.enabled": "false"
"directory.cache.synchronise.interval": "3600"
"ldap.basedn": "dc=<OURDOMAIN>"
"ldap.connection.timeout": "0"
"ldap.external.id": ""
"ldap.group.description": "description"
"ldap.group.dn": "cn=groups,cn=compat"
"ldap.group.filter": "(&(objectClass=posixgroup)(|(cn=<COMPANYGROUP>)(cn=<TEAMGROUPS>)(cn=<JIRAGROUP>)))"
"ldap.group.name": "cn"
"ldap.group.objectclass": "groupOfUniqueNames"
"ldap.group.usernames": "memberUid"
"ldap.local.groups": "false"
"ldap.nestedgroups.disabled": "true"
"ldap.pagedresults": "false"
"ldap.pagedresults.size": "1000"
"ldap.password": ********
"ldap.pool.initsize": "null"
"ldap.pool.maxsize": "null"
"ldap.pool.prefsize": "null"
"ldap.pool.timeout": "0"
"ldap.propogate.changes": "false"
"ldap.read.timeout": "120000"
"ldap.referral": "false"
"ldap.relaxed.dn.standardisation": "true"
"ldap.roles.disabled": "true"
"ldap.search.timelimit": "60000"
"ldap.secure": "false"
"ldap.url": "ldap://<IPAURL>"
"ldap.user.displayname": "cn"
"ldap.user.dn": "cn=users,cn=accounts"
"ldap.user.email": "mail"
"ldap.user.encryption": "sha"
"ldap.user.filter": "(&(objectclass=posixAccount)(memberOf=cn=<JIRAGROUP>,cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=<OURDOMAIN>))"
"ldap.user.firstname": "givenName"
"ldap.user.group": "memberOf"
"ldap.user.lastname": "sn"
"ldap.user.objectclass": "person"
"ldap.user.password": "userPassword"
"ldap.user.username": "uid"
"ldap.user.username.rdn": ""
"ldap.userdn": "uid=<OURSERVICEUSER>,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=<OURDOMAIN>"
"ldap.usermembership.use": "false"
"ldap.usermembership.use.for.groups": "false"
"localUserStatusEnabled": "false"

Sándor Juhász
System Administrator
ChemAxon Ltd .
Building Hx, GraphiSoft Park, Záhony utca 7, Budapest, Hungary, H-1031