[Freeipa-users] FreeNAS Authenticating Againts FreeIPA

Chris Tobey tobeychris at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 17 14:47:27 UTC 2015

Hi Youenn,

Thank you for the response.

I am sure the issue is related to the samba attributes not existing, but I am not fully clear on how to fix it.

I was trying to find out the correct steps on a CentOS system, and I think it is something like:

>yum remove samba-common

>yum install samba4

>yum install ipa-server-trust-ad

>ipa-adtrust-install

I thought the ipa-adtrust-install was supposed to add the samba attributes, but for some reason it still does not work.

Does anyone have any insight in what steps I might have missed?

Thanks,

-Chris