[Freeipa-users] Searching for things in the UI no longer seems to work, neither does ipa host-find or hostgroup-find after schema upgrade to dogtag 10

Martin Basti mbasti at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 11:40:57 UTC 2015

On 10/07/2015 01:26 PM, Alex Williams wrote:
> On 07/10/15 11:31, Martin Basti wrote:

>>> Please login in webUI as admin and try search, in this case search
>>> should work, if not, there is something broken.
>>>
>>> I found related tickets:
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5055
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5130
>>>
>>> But I found nothing about hosts and hostsgroup, I will prepare test
>>> environment and try.
>> Nevermind, here is hosts/hostgroup/service/netgroup ticket
>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5167

> Hi Martin,
>
> thanks for that, that does in fact seem to be the issue. As per your
> instructions, logging in as 'admin' to the UI, allows the search
> feature to work. That does beg the question as to how my user can use
> its kerberos ticket on the CLI, but not in the UI though? Either way,
> the fix for the issue looks to be trivial (Replacing a few python
> files by the looks of things), so I'll give that a go and at worst, I
> guess we may have to wait until RHEL7.2 becomes a release and we'll
> upgrade to that.
>
> Cheers
>
> Alex

I see you have RHEL, please contact customer support, they may help you,
don't do hotfixing by yourself.
Please share the tickets and information listed in this thread with them.
They may:
* approve hotfix for you
* or do z-stream release which will fix this
* or something else, I do not know

I do not understand what you mean by kerberos and webUI. WebUI uses the
same commands as CLI, what does not work in CLI will not work in WebUI
and vice versa. Also webUI do not need kerberos, there is also form
based authentication (username/password)

Martin