[Freeipa-users] FreeNAS Authenticating Againts FreeIPA

Hi Everyone,

I have a functioning FreeIPA server that manages all my users and I would like to also use it for my FreeNAS CIFS shares to authenticate against.

Does anyone know what needs to be run on both servers to get this working? I believe it has something to do with Samba properties on the FreeIPA side.

I had tried asking the FreeNAS forums but they were of no help (https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/freeipa-and-freenas-ldap-setup.37083/).

I have seen similar requests and success stories, but no actual steps on how to do it.

Info:
FreeIPA v3.0.0-42 running on CentOS 6.6.
FreeNAS 9.2.1.9 (can use 9.3 if easier, was trying to get it working before dealing with certs).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Chris