[Freeipa-users] clean-ruv : How Long?

Mark Reynolds mareynol at redhat.com
Thu Oct 22 19:12:05 UTC 2015

Hi Janelle,

It's really hard to say how long it might take.  I know if the replicas
are under heavy replication load it can take while to complete.  Either
way it should not take long to complete(a few hours max) - as long as
all the replicas are online.   There is very good logging for
cleanAllRUV in the Directory Server's errors log. If the task is hung up
somewhere it should say what replica(repl agreement) is causing the task
to not progress.  Then from there you can look at that replica to see
whats going on that system.  You might have to chase down each replica
until you find that one that is acting up.  Typically when cleanallruv
is not finishing it's because a replica is down(shutdown), or there is
an old repl agreement that points to replica that no longer exists.

Here is a troubleshooting page that might also be useful:

http://www.port389.org/docs/389ds/FAQ/troubleshoot-cleanallruv.html

Mark