[Freeipa-users] How grant access to userPassword for System Accounts

John Duino jduino at oblong.com
Mon Oct 26 16:41:47 UTC 2015

I am trying to hook our VoIP solution (sipxecs-based openUC) to our FreeIPA. But it appears that it wants to read-in the userPassword rather than just auth against the ldap.
I know Directory Manager is the only account that has the ability to read userPassword, but is there a way to grant that to a System Account (uid=voip,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=oblong,dc=com)? Or perhaps some other path/process I'm overlooking short of using the Directory Manager account?

Thanks!

John