[Freeipa-users] Wrong time / constantly expired passwords

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Tue Oct 27 20:45:58 UTC 2015

urgrue wrote:
> Hi,
> On a new install, I'm being forced a password reset on every login. Not
> sure why but this doesn't look right:
>
> # date
> Tue Oct 27 21:02:57 CET 2015
>
> # ipa user-status blah1
> <snip>
>   Last successful authentication: 2015-10-27T19:34:53Z
>   Last failed authentication: 2015-10-27T19:34:20Z
>   Time now: 2015-10-27T20:03:00Z
>
> Where is it getting this wrong time from?

What's wrong with the time? CET is one hour behind GMT right? That is
reflected by the difference between the output of date and "Time now".

Passwords administratively reset must be set by the user during the
first authentication. If the password needs further reset then yeah,
something is wrong, but the above looks ok.

rob