[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA and Samba4

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Fri Oct 30 10:02:39 UTC 2015

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015, Troels Hansen wrote:
>Well, I think the problem here being that I miss the attributes.  One
>"funny" thing being that apprently, some users have had ipantuserattrs
>objectclass and a ipaNTSecurityIdentifier SID added. Some don't
>(including mine).  Tried adding a new user, just to test, and this gets
>created with a ipaNTSecurityIdentifier, however, my old users still
>don't.  I guess I jute need a way to have IPA add ipantuserattrs and
>ipaNTSecurityIdentifier to my existing users.
Not sure what you expect.

Modifying attributes for existing users takes time so we don't do it
automatically. When you run ipa-adtrust-install, it does ask you to run
a task that does the work of generating SIDs and adding needed
attributes/object classes.

However, ipaNTHash will not be there until either of two events happens:
 - user changes password;
 - user authenticates with Kerberos against Samba running on IPA master.

>when running ipa-adtrust-install it finds 85 users without SID, and I
>install the SID plugin (which is just 2 LDIF's), but this still doesn't
>do anything.
*you* install the SID plugin or ipa-adtrust-install adds two plugins and
then runs a task to generate SIDs?

>----- On Oct 29, 2015, at 8:16 PM, Joshua Doll <joshua.doll at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hmm.. well I'm at a loss then. I had to only run the ipa-adtrust-install
>> --add-sids. I did notice when I was setting this up recently that I had to run
>> the adtrust-install command whenever I added new users or groups. I don't know
>> if it was just me being impatient or a limitation. Another thing I noticed that
>> is different between our two setups is I couldn't get this setup to work on a
>> separate host, I am running samba on the same host as my ipa service.
>
>> --Joshua D Doll
>
>> On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 3:09 PM Troels Hansen < th at casalogic.dk > wrote:
>
>>> Same result...
>
>>> ldapsearch -h kenai.casalogic.lan -D 'cn=Directory Manager' -x -W uid=th
>>> ipaNTHash
>>> Enter LDAP Password:
>>> # extended LDIF
>>> #
>>> # LDAPv3
>>> # base <dc=casalogic,dc=lan> (default) with scope subtree
>>> # filter: uid=th
>>> # requesting: ipaNTHash
>>> #
>
>>> # th, users, compat, casalogic.lan
>>> dn: uid=th,cn=users,cn=compat,dc=casalogic,dc=lan
>
>>> # th, users, accounts, casalogic.lan
>>> dn: uid=th,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=casalogic,dc=lan
>
>>> # search result
>>> search: 2
>
>>> result: 0 Success
>
>>> # numResponses: 3
>>> # numEntries: 2

>>> --
>
>>> Med venlig hilsen
>
>>> Troels Hansen
>
>>> Systemkonsulent
>
>>> Casalogic A/S
>
>>> T (+45) 70 20 10 63
>
>>> M (+45) 22 43 71 57
>
>>> Red Hat, SUSE, VMware, Citrix, Novell, Yellowfin BI, EnterpriseDB, Sophos og
>>> meget mere.
>
>> --
>
>--
>
>Med venlig hilsen
>
>Troels Hansen
>
>Systemkonsulent
>
>Casalogic A/S
>
>T (+45) 70 20 10 63
>
>M (+45) 22 43 71 57
>
>Red Hat, SUSE, VMware, Citrix, Novell, Yellowfin BI, EnterpriseDB, Sophos og meget mere.

>--

/ Alexander Bokovoy