[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA and Samba4

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Fri Oct 30 10:29:39 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 10:53:47AM +0100, Troels Hansen wrote:
> Well, I think the problem here being that I miss the attributes.
> One "funny" thing being that apprently, some users have had ipantuserattrs objectclass and a ipaNTSecurityIdentifier SID added. Some don't (including mine).
> Tried adding a new user, just to test, and this gets created with a ipaNTSecurityIdentifier, however, my old users still don't.
> I guess I jute need a way to have IPA add ipantuserattrs and ipaNTSecurityIdentifier to my existing users.
>
> when running ipa-adtrust-install it finds 85 users without SID, and I install the SID plugin (which is just 2 LDIF's), but this still doesn't do anything.

Did you run ipa-adtrust-install with the '--add-sids' option?

About ipaNTHash, this is not created by ipa-adtrust-install or any other
tool. For the integrated smbd the NT hash is derived from a suitable
Kerberos key by adding a magic keyword to the ipaNTHash attribute.

You can try to do this manually with the following steps:

 - The principal used by the internal smdb has the right permissions to
   add the attribute:

   kinit -k -t /etc/samba/samba.keytab cifs/ipa.server at IPA.DOMAIN

 - write the magic keyword MagicRegen into the ipaNTHash attribute of
   the user

   ldapmodify -Y GSSAPI -H ldap://ipa-devel.ipa.devel << END
   dn: uid=ipa_user,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=ipa,dc=domain
   changetype: modify
   add: ipaNTHash
   ipaNTHash: MagicRegen
   END

If a suitable Kerberos key was available the user object now has the
ipaNTHash attribute set with the right NT hash value.

HTH

bye,
Sumit