[Freeipa-users] Quick question regarding modifying attributes

Sullivan, Daniel [AAA] dsullivan2 at bsd.uchicago.edu
Wed Apr 27 18:58:35 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have a trusted AD domain that I am enumerating object via IPA.  I wanted to know if i should be able to manipulate the uidNumber and gidNumber stored in the default ID view via by using the ldapmodify command, for example, for this DN (not local):

uid=user at domain.edu,cn=users,cn=compat,dc=ipatst,dc=cri,dc=uchicago,dc=edu

Should it be possible to modify this via IPA’s LDAP implementation (using ldapmodify)?  I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Thank you,

Dan Sullivan

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If the reader of this e-mail message is not the intended recipient, you are
communication is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender and destroy all copies of the transmittal.

Thank you
University of Chicago Medicine and Biological Sciences