[Freeipa-users] how to force switch to another kdc

Karl Forner karl.forner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 18:54:23 UTC 2016

Thanks a lot, that works if I comment out the explicit reference to a
server name, and that I switch dns_lookup_kdc to true.

I think I understand why it was not working from the install:
I used the ipa-client-install with the option --server.
According to the man page, in the "Failover" section, I understand that
"DNS Autodiscovery" is enabled when no "fixed server was passed to the
installer", which makes sense a posteriori.

I think that closes my topic, thanks again for all the help I got !