[Freeipa-users] Clients with Multi Master IPA replication

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Mon Jan 18 08:24:35 UTC 2016

Even if FreeIPA server does not control DNS, you can still setup proper DNS SRV
records to enable autodiscovery or client fallack.

Some hint what records are needed should be given at the end of
ipa-server-install. It uses this template:

https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/freeipa.git/tree/install/share/bind.zone.db.template

You can use it as a hint what records are expected (more DNS SRV records are
needed when/if you also configure Trusts with Active Directory).