[Freeipa-users] ldapsearch in cron job woes about no credentials

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.de
Thu Jun 9 13:16:11 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

Platform: freeipa 4.2 (Centos7)

Problem: My cron job needs a ticket to run ldapsearch. The
error message is:

        SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
        ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error (-2)
        additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information (No Kerberos credentials available)

Google pointed me to this solution

	http://www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil/krb/kerberos-faq.html#kerbcron

I wonder what is the "freeipa way" to handle this scenario,
esp. how to generate the additional kerberos entry without
confusing FreeIPA? Maybe I am too blind to see, but I haven't
found this problem in the FAQs.

Every helpful comment is highly appreciated.

Harri