[Freeipa-users] Advice sought on monitoring freeipa status

Prashant Bapat prashant at apigee.com
Thu May 19 08:33:38 UTC 2016

For the replication issues please see
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/docs/389ds/howto/howto-replicationmonitoring.html

This has a perl script that you can use.

As for the authentication of the user monitoring replication, we thought
about it and ended up allowing anonymous reads on the replication status.
Thus you don't store any user/password at all.

In addition to this, we use Monit heavily. Its pretty flexible.

--Prashant