[Freeipa-users] AD group membership

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Thu May 19 01:43:36 UTC 2016

Hi,

We seem to have some progress, after reading this blog post about sssd
performance tuning.

https://jhrozek.wordpress.com/2015/08/19/performance-tuning-sssd-for-large-ipa-ad-trust-deployments/

So now we see that on the FreeIPA server, everything is stable and always
produces the results we expect with regard to users and group membership.
It's also a bit speedier, which is nice.

Unfortunately, on the clients, we are still seeing groups "disappearing"
occasionally,

We found this thread from late last year that seemed to state exactly what
we are seeing, although our sssd_pac.log is empty. I have just added
debug_level = 7 to [pac] in sssd.conf on server and client.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2015-December/msg00180.html

Did anything come of this?

Cheers
L.

------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this
way."

- Grace Hopper