[Freeipa-users] Host with Multiple hostnames

Mike Jacobacci mikej at flowjo.com
Mon Nov 28 18:02:50 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am sorry for the simple question, but I am using FreeIPA as our DNS
server and I am trying to figure out how to map a second hostname to a
host... I am unsure how the best way to go do it. I am just trying to give
a server a user friendly name for access and I don't want to change the
system hostname.

I thought I could just add a CNAME entry for the host record, but it fails
with the following error:

invalid 'cnamerecord': CNAME record is not allowed to coexist with any
other record (RFC 1034, section 3.6.2)

Is there an easy way I can do this?

Cheers,
Mike