[Freeipa-users] DNSSEC warning when DNSSEC should be disabled

Dan Dietterich dan at cazena.com
Mon Apr 24 18:22:47 UTC 2017

I still think there is something wrong here.

You say that the DNSSEC reply is "just warning", but when I get that warning, a subsequent trust-add fails every time. When I don't get the warning, the trust-add works.
Therefore, the warning cannot just be ignored. Why is that?

I have tried the following:

-          Signing the target Active Directory zone – it does not make a difference

-          FreeIPA /etc/named.conf – "validation no" makes the warning go away ONLY when I use the CLI on a root login.

-          Running the ipa CLI from a salt state or a subprocess of my Java webapp ALWAYS gets the warning regardless.

If there really should be a warning, then why don't I see it from the CLI?

And can you help me understand what would be significantly different between an interactive login and a "su –l root" in salt?

Thank you for any insight,
Dan