CPAN module for fast replication

Andreas J. Koenig andreas.koenig.7os6VVqR at franz.ak.mind.de
Sun Apr 26 09:19:16 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm the maintainer of the CPAN upload server (PAUSE). It's
been pointed out to me that this mailing list be a place worth
watching and so I want to introduce myself.

Over the last year I've been working on a perl module called
File::Rsync::Mirror::Recent[0]. Its goal is to get a backbone like the
one of the CPAN updated with a mirroring frequency significantly below
1 minute. Code is not only written but already used on the CPAN and
actively maintained but it's in alpha state.

I'd be pleased if it could be useful to other projects like
instantmirror, be it as software or just as a specification or sharing
of concepts. I have several ideas what I'd like to implement next and
there's some overlap with the instantmirror project.

Please explore it and see what you like and let me know what not. Or
let me know what remains unclear from the documentation. Your feedback
is highly appreciated.

Thanks!
--
andreas