Dangling symlink

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Jun 18 03:53:26 UTC 2009

Not having seen libtorrent code, I'm guessing it passes paths through
abstraction layers that are symlink-hostile even before it gets to
boost::filesystem.  hydri may have better guidance on how exactly to
handle symlinks.

* Replicate symlinks exactly as they exist in the source directory,
including mtime of the symlink itself.
* Replicate even if they point at seemingly invalid paths and files.
Often they point at ../somethingvalid while you are replicating only the
current directory and you want to preserve that seemingly dangling symlink.