Draft patch for mtime, symlink attribute and symlink path

Atul Aggarwal atul.aggarwal.cse05 at itbhu.ac.in
Tue Jun 23 03:21:55 UTC 2009

I am attaching draft patch. However, i need to discuss some points regarding
patch.

1. Initially, i thought of making symlink path in the same format as the
path is stored in the torrent file but it looks like symlink should be more
easily stored as string rather than path format. Is this makes some sense or
should i store that in path format? (I had some problem symlink_path as path
format for paths like ../../abc)
2. If string is okay, then should i change the signature of all the function
to match std::string rather than boost::filesystem::path (currently).
3. I have used "symlink path" for the storage key in the torrent file
whenever i have symlink_attribute set.
4. This patch stores the symlink_path upto MAX_SYMLINK_PATH (in
create_torrent.cpp) and doesnot trunkate the symlinks and stores empty
string in the torrent file, however, i am not able to throw an warning while
creating torrent. Any idea how to do that?

Any suggestions regarding patch or some more questions?

--
Regards,

Atul Aggarwal