ltsp-5.1.9 for testing

Eric Harrison eharrison at mesd.k12.or.us
Sat Jun 7 03:41:04 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
> http://togami.com/~k12linux-temporary/
> I just uploaded a build of ltsp-5.1.9 for both F-8 and F-9 in the
> k12linux-temporary repo.  Please upgrade ltps-server on your server and
> ltsp-client in your chroot.
>
> Changes since F-9 release:
> - jetpipe script was missing from ltsp-client
>  This should allow local printers to work if configured in lts.conf.
> - Fix NBD swap
> - Fix grabbing of lts.conf, it happens from the rootfs server now
>
> These are extremely minor changes.  If this 5.1.9 seems good then I will
> push it to Fedora 9 updates soon.
>
> Warren Togami
> wtogami at redhat.com

Hey Warren!

I have had a few people ask me about adding back in the caching name
server config. Attached are patches to do so.

This is pretty simple, it is just a copy of /etc/named.conf
(/etc/ltsp/named.conf) that listens on the ethernet ports & a copy of
/etc/init.d/named (/etc/init.d/ltsp-named) that uses the modified
config file. Nothing fancy.

I would just push this, but best practices these days is to restrict
access to recursive name servers. We firewall this off by default, so
this is *probably* ok, but I could also be talked into adding an
allow-query acl.

What do you think?

-Eric