Setting up with two NICS

Kemp, Levi lnkemp at bolivar.k12.mo.us
Wed May 21 17:47:49 UTC 2008

I just joined this list knowing that I'm going to need help very soon
setting up Fedora 9 with LTSP 5. I've got to decide this soon if I want
to use Ubuntu 8.04 or Fedora 9 for my computer lab this fall. I've
successfully setup Ubuntu 8.04 with LTSP, works great aside from the
fact that getting it integrated into AD is  more complicated. They've
got likewise and SADMS, and I can get them to work to some degree but
always fail at pam_mount. With Fedora I can easily integrate into AD, it
just works, and getting pam_mount to work is pretty simple. But I
haven't successfully installed LTSP 5 into it yet. I followed the
install directions as best I could, but I fear I'm lost when it comes to
configuring the second nic. I see the bridge is setup, but only one nic
is active (outside network). It seems like this might be a simple step,
and since everything else may already be configured correctly if I could
get some assistance I'm likely to go with Fedora again this year, I'm
more used to it because of Eric Harrison anyways. Thanks. Let me know
what info you need because I know I'm being vague here, but I'm unsure
where to troubleshoot at the moment.

Levi