very slow login times

Luis Montes monteslu at cox.net
Wed Nov 5 21:48:02 UTC 2008

My guess right now is that its neither  the network or the server.
After you type in a user/password on the login screen, switch over to a
different tty like ctl-alt-f8

I have this in my lts.conf:
[default]
    SCREEN_07=ldm
    LDM_DIRECTX=True
    SCREEN_08=shell

run top during the slow login time and let me know if you also have  a
pegged thin client.

This slow login time has to be a bug. I've been using ltsp for years and
have never seen this before.

Luis