K12LTSP centos 5 vs. K12Linux

rmcdaniel at indata.us rmcdaniel at indata.us
Fri Nov 7 19:17:33 UTC 2008

The more that I try and get a lab running with K12Linux, the more
frustrated I become.  Why does it seem that K12LTSP Centos5 greatly
outperforms K12Linux.  Is the difference due to LTSP 4.2 vs. LTSP 5?  I
have also given Edubuntu 8.1 a try and end up experiencing all of the
crazy DHCP problems that seem to plague certain installations.  Is this
really progression???   Sorry for the rant, but I have been working on a
single lab with 30 clients for two weeks.  The K12LTSP install would
have been done in about 2 hours...

Ron McDaniel
rmcdaniel at indata.us