diskless vs ltsp local apps

Odin Nøsen odin at gnuskole.no
Wed Oct 8 20:47:36 UTC 2008

> This is a very simple example of a localapp that is already installed in
> the client chroot.  You can use yum to install additional stuff like
> firefox or epiphany, then run it in the same manner.

I tested this in Fedora 10 with LTSP - and it worked like a charm! Firefox with Flash
worked on the first try. Now I have to get it working with NIS and NFS too... Maybe t
works better (not using longer and longer time to log on) if I sshfs directly to the
fileservere and not to the terminalserver. I got to make a real NIS/NFS setup with LTSP
in ESXi soon so I can test this at home.

Odin