eth0 & ltspbr0 not connecting

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Fri Oct 10 02:36:17 UTC 2008

I'm delving back into setting up ltsp 5 on fedora 9, after playing with the Live
USB version for the past few weeks.  I'm doing this on my laptop, so eth0, the
wired port, needs to be 'connected' to ltspbr0.  I used the instructions on the
k12linux wiki, but I must have missed something.  I tried to run ltsp-vmclient,
but while it got an IP address, it just kinda sat there.  So, I switched to
trying boot a real TC, again following the wiki.  But while dhcpd is up, and
brctl shows the eth0 under ltspbr0's control, the TC is not getting an address.
  I did disable eth0 in NetworkManager, but that seems to have just removed the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file.  Should it have?  After playing
around with it, I've now gotten it to the point where dhcpd won't start, saying
it's not configured to listen on any interfaces.  Any suggestions as to where I
went off the track?

Peter