local apps how-to

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 03:56:16 UTC 2008

Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> Note: I could not find flash-plugin with yum so I copied the file from
> outside the chroot like this
>
> cp  /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
> /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
>
> then I installed libflashsupport
>
> yum install libflashsupport

Did you install adobe-release RPM from Adobe within the chroot?  yum
will not find it if you do not have Adobe release.

http://macromedia.mplug.org/
You should really use Flash 10 instead of Flash 9.  Flash 10 works a lot
better especially for sound.

It is possible that more environment variables are needed to direct a
local app to use the pulseaudio daemon.  You might want to check with
upstream, I recall they tackled this recently.

Also make sure you are using the LATEST builds of ldm, ltspfs and ltsp
on both your server and client chroot.  Latest builds were yesterday.

> Unfortunately,  I still could not get flash to work with sound. In
> addition, launching firefox on a 1.4GHz Athlon with 256MB client with
> a 100mbps connection takes over 30 seconds.

Over 30 seconds the first time, or even subsequent times on the same user?

Warren