Vesa

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Oct 30 14:06:16 UTC 2008

Andrew Osborne wrote:
> We have some Toshiba Equium 2000
>

> http://www.tabone.com.mt/toshlap/images/celeron.htm
>
> these PC's are connected to a K12LTSP Server
>
> in order for the TFT's to work, we used  XSERVER = VESA in Lts.conf
>
> we have tried this setting in K12Linux but to no avail.
>
> is  XSERVER = VESA working in K12Linux? or is it broken?

X* options are not supported currently.  It is an ati graphics driver
bug if your particular hardware is broken.  What happens when it tries
to use the ati graphics driver natively?  Are you able to switch into
CTRL-ALT-F2 and look at /var/log/Xorg* files?

You can optionally use the X_CONF lts.conf parameter to force your
clients to use its own xorg.conf file that you specify.  You can specify
in this xorg.conf options like vesa driver.

X_CONF=/etc/X11/xorg.conf-somethingelse

/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/xorg.conf-somethingelse being the actual location of
that config file.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com