default bridge ifcfg-ltspbr0 address

rmcdaniel at indata.us rmcdaniel at indata.us
Thu Oct 30 18:02:22 UTC 2008

I went back and changed the IP address information in
/etc/ltsp/dhcpd.conf and the clients are booting up to the login screen.
 When I enter the username and password, it waits for authentication and
then responds "The server is not responding, restarting".  I then have
the cursor and a blank screen...  The three files that have been edited
from the default setup are as follows:

ifcfg-eth0    added the BRIDGE=ifcfg-ltspbr0 line

ifcfg-ltspbr0  added the GATEWAY=192.168.5.1 to the end of file (our
subnet is 192.168.5.0/24) and changed ip address from 172.31.100.254 to
192.168.5.3

dhcpd.conf  changed 172.31.100.254 to 192.168.5.3 (address of
ifcfg-ltspbr0) and 172.31.100.X to 192.168.5.X throughout file

Any ideas why the authentication step would break?  I still have IP
tables running without any changes to the default setup.

Thanks,

Ron