Adding K12LTSP rpms for F9

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Fri Sep 5 18:38:57 UTC 2008

Paul Nelson wrote:

> How can we get these included with F9/K12Linux?
>
> I'm willing to help but I would need to know more about the process.
>
> Before F9/K12Linux, I would take Eric out to breakfast and we'd had
> over to our lab and I'd say things like, "Wouldn't it be nice if
> K12LTSP came with..." Then I'd leave Eric alone for an hour or so and
> usually he'd have it figured out.
>
> My goal is to continue helping so we can have an "it just works"
> version of K12LTSP based on Fedora. How can I best help with this?

Throwing things into the repo was "easier" in the past, but it created a
situation where you have nothing tracked in source control, where it is
difficult for others to follow what is happening and collaboratively
contribute to further improvement.  Indeed this is the key reason I
didn't contribute anything to K12LTSP in past years.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join
K12Linux being a Fedora Project, we can only ship RPMS that are included
into Fedora.  New packages can be added to Fedora fairly quickly if you
follow the steps here.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com