rpm for ISO-8859-1 locale

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Sep 9 05:22:27 UTC 2008

Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Yikes.  Red Hat began doing UTF-8 by default ~5 years ago. And no, I don't
>> think there is a supported non-UTF-8 locale, nor have we shipped any files
>> to support it for a very long time.
>>

> After some googling I just checked Fedora 8.
>
> $ locale -a |grep iso88591$|wc -l
> 83
>
> there are 83 locales supported for iso-88591 by default. So I don't
> need any rpm. But I still have to check K12LTSP5EL.

[warren at newcaprica pkgs]$ locale -a |wc -l
702

The vast majority of these locales are not supported at all.  They are
only listed here because glibc knows about them internally.

I am afraid your only options are either to wait until FLTK supports
UTF-8, or port teachertool to an entirely different widget toolkit.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com