fl_teachertool port K12Linux

murrah boswell otrcomm at isp-systems.net
Sat Jun 6 00:27:09 UTC 2009

>> One question I have! Is it possible to establish an interactive audio
>> communication link between the server and TC? It would be a great feature to
>> be able to communicate with a student. Maybe have a "Teacher calling" icon
>> pop up on their desktop when you want to communicate with them. Something
>> similar to PGPfone.
>
> You can already send messages (teacher -> student) but I don't know
> how to do audio.

I am going to work on trying to get Gnu Gateway (GnuGk) and OhPhone or X-Lite working on server/client to see if this will do it!

I have some experience with asterisk and asterisk at home (now trixbox), but I think this may be overkill. However, it probably would
be beneficial in some school/industrial environments to have an internal voip system that does not require a PSTN interface.

Regards,
Murrah Boswell