No Keyboard/Mouse on iMac Boot - Update

Gary Larizza gary at huron-city.k12.oh.us
Fri Mar 6 15:12:59 UTC 2009

Hi All,
	I've been tinkering around with it some more.  On boot, I hit
control+alt+F1 to view the processes starting in the background, and I
notice that Starting HAL Daemon = FAILED.  Would that be the Hardware
Abstraction Layer "HAL," and could that be directly related to why nothing
works after the Login Screen comes up?  I don't know whether to blow away
the server and try again, try another iMac, or go tinkering into how to
get the HAL Daemon to start (or, if this is a common error and should be
disregarded).  I do have several iMacs, and even a Bondi Blue Tray-Loaded
iMac (which won't netboot because it can't allocate enough memory).  Does
anyone have any thoughts?

Gary Larizza

Tech Director
Huron City Schools