problem configuring ltsp (fedora 10)

François Patte francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr
Sun Mar 8 19:49:26 UTC 2009

Bonsoir,

I have just installed fedora 10 and try to configure ltsp for a thin
client (neoware, was working fine with ltsp-4.2).

I followed all instructions on:

https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/InstallGuide

Thin client boots and I can get the progression bar at the botom of the
screen. I can also follow the boot process (pressing esc key to get the
console.

Everything seems fine until the end, but no display appears on the
screen and the monitor turns to standby.

Is there some display to export from the server? I have these lines in
/etc/gdm/custom.conf:

[xdmcp]
Enable=true
Willing=/etc/X11/xdm/Xwilling
Xaccess=/etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess
Port=177

But port 177 remains closed:

# nmap -sU -p 177 localhost

Starting Nmap 4.68 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-03-08 20:46 CET
Interesting ports on localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1):
PORT    STATE  SERVICE
177/udp closed xdmcp

I can't use gdm-restart nor gdm-safe-restart:

Not supported is the answer.

What to do?

Thanks for any help.

- --