Local Apps - PPC

Gary Larizza Jr. glarizza at mac.com
Wed Mar 18 18:27:29 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone,
	Robert has a great "how-to" on Local Apps here --> https://www.redhat.com/archives/k12linux-devel-list/2008-October/msg00035.html
  but it applies to i386 clients.  You can't really run "chroot /opt/
ltsp/ppc" if your server is an i386 machine as you'll get the "Exec
format error."  I tried opening up a shell on a PPC-booted client and
running something like "yum install firefox", however it gives me an
nfs error about the IP to the server not responding.  Short of setting
up a server on a PPC machine, is there a way to do this?
	I tried going to the shell from a PPC-booted device, ssh-ing into the
server, and then running the command that way.  Since you're only
connecting to the server itself, which is STILL i386, that's also a no-
go.  Obviously, I'd like to get Firefox/Flash setup as a Local App.

I appreciate the continued support!
-Gary