jetpipe

Frantisek Hanzlik franta at hanzlici.cz
Tue Sep 25 08:08:45 UTC 2012

monteslu at cox.net wrote:
> I'm using Centos 6.3 with the k12linux project.  Most things seem to
> be working ok except for printing.  I know there's 2 versions of
> jetpipe for printers on thin clients.  I think the one that comes with
> k12linux is the old one. I tried the newer one from ubuntu, but that
> doesnt seem to work either.  I dont think the script is being called,
> but not sure.
>
> Also the jetpipe script that came with the k12linux repo required the
> python daemon lib which wasn't in the chroot. I added that but still
> didnt work.  The newer script didnt require it.
>

> Anyone have Centos6/RHEL6/SL6 + LTSP with printers working?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Luis

Hello Luis,

I'm using ltsp with Fedora up to F14 (which should be very similar
to RHEL6/Centos6).  I disliked weird jetpipe/python solution and
I'm using old lp_server from LPRng, which was in K12LTSP before,
and which work fine on all LPT, serial and USB printers.
When You will wish try this "lp_server", You can download my RPM
i386 and/or src packages from:

http://www.hanzlici.cz/fedoralinux//ALL/lp_server/fc14/

lp_server RPM must be, of course, installed on LTSP client.

There is too "ltsp-init-common" which must replace original on TS
in "/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/ltsp/" directory ( configure_printer()
routine is slightly changed). "ltsp-init-common" on my website is
adapted one from LTSP v5.2.5, Your file in Centos 6.3 mey be a bit
. different

This new script should be able work with both jetpipe and lp_server
printservers; which will be used is settable with LPSERVER lts.conf
variable setting ("/var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/lts.conf"). When
 LPSERVER="lp_server"
then as printserver will be used lp_server, otherwise jetpipe.

Regards, Franta Hanzlik