Re: [K12OSN] Re: remote start of xprogram for local display

Steve,
	a very valiant try ... the business server is hp-ux - no
xloadimage, running xview from the server might be an option in the same
building that houses the server. more, i want people to be able to
manipulate the images, do with them whatever they want and not worry about
them. they are read only and once moved to the remote k12ltsp box, the
manipulation is super fast. the old 80 / 20 rule also works in my favor -
eventually most of the images needed at any location will be already
loaded on the right server. to put a point to it - i don't want to do X
over WAN links - syncing a bw image of a page takes abot 1/100 second on
my network, same image displayed by xview remotely takes about 4 seconds.
gqview fires up for the first user in about a second, for subsequent uses
in less than 1/1000 second. it is simpler to do everything from one
server, it is dramatically faster and it uses minimal bandwidth if you do
image display locally. julius