[K12OSN] Managing Desktops

We would like new software installations/upgrades in our K12LTSP
distributions to be reflected on users' desktops. For example, after
upgrading to Netscape 6.2 we would like our students to see a link to the
new install under their KDE or GNOME menus. We would be very grateful if
someone could point us in the direction of online documentation that could
step us through this process.  Any direct insights would also be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

Jeff Wheeler, Director Information Services/HermonNet
Hermon School District, PO Box 6360 Hermon, ME 04401
Tel. (207) 848-3283 Fax (207) 848-5226
 Web http://www.hermon.net Email support support hermon net
"Using Technology to Empower All Students to Succeed in a Changing World."