[K12OSN] Linux vs. Novell (Can you help?)

I was talking to one of the other Tech Coordinators in my state the othere
day and we got into a discussion of Linux vs. Novell.  Can any of you who
might be former or current Novell users shed any insight on what Novell
offers that Linux solutions might not, or how can this TC move his school
to a Linux solution and still be able to have the security and
authentication and so forth that he claims to have with Novell.  Can it be
done?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School