Re: [K12OSN] Linux vs. Novell (Can you help?)

Novell's strength is the integrated directory (NDS).  You have at least
2 choices.
1) Run eDirectory on Linux (pay license cost)
2) Setup OpenLDAP on Linux and integrate it with Samba, sudo and login.
(pay experience cost).  The path for this has already been blazed with
k12ltsp, though I think it is a road that is still 'under construction'.
I'm building a box to try it myself.

Jim Wildman, CISSP                                      jim rossberry com
614-404-1897                                     http://www.rossberry.com